History: McMahon Group dates back to the mid 1900's as an architectural practice started by William Patrick McMahon. For many years the McMahon family designed clubs, homes, parishes and hospitals in St. Louis, Missouri.
When the ‘80s rolled around, Bill McMahon, Sr., AIA, OAA was president of a great 1906 club called The Racquet Club. The club needed members, had a mid-city location and started a family-friendly club by buying another club in our county. Today the Club is the most successful city club in St. Louis. After Bill’s nine years of Racquet Club service, he went back to the practice of architecture. Then the phone started ringing off the hook from clubs across the country to help address their facility issues.
Current: McMahon Group is now a full-service, private club consulting firm dedicated to serving clubs in all aspects of their planning, clubhouse, golf and membership needs. Our extensive and diverse experience includes service to country, golf, city, dining, athletic, yacht, university, military and gated community clubs.
Our approach to developing successful facility improvement projects is unique by developing initial feasibility and membership approval before trying to select final designers and contractors for an unknown project scope.
McMahon’s principals have served their own clubs as board members, presidents and consultants. As club specialists, we have written extensively on club issues for industry publications, which includes Club Trends co-published with NCA. We support industry management through regular educational sessions for CMAA managers and recognize industry leaders through the Excellence in Club Management® Awards program. No other consulting firm has McMahon Group’s proven track record and experience in solving club problems, be they strategic or facility in nature.
After more than ten years of working together independently, the firms Kopplin Kuebler & Wallace, McMahon Group and Club Benchmarking joined together to create the Club Leadership Alliance in order to rally club leaders around best practices.
As a Club Consulting Firm, We:
- Have served over 2,000 clubs
- Helped raise over $3 billion for capital improvement campaigns
- Completed over 1,400 membership surveys to help us build the strongest national member benchmarking database representing over 1.5 million members and spouses
- Completed over 700 strategic plans
- Have gained approval of over 1,500 facility plans
Awards Received from BoardRoom Magazine:
- 2012 - Membership Survey Firm of the year
- 2013 - Membership Survey Firm of the year
- 2014 - Membership Survey Firm of the year
- 2015 - Membership Survey Firm of the year
- 2016 - Membership Survey & Master Planning Firm of the year
- 2017 - Membership Survey Firm of the year
- 2018 - Membership Survey & Strategic Planning Firm of the year
- 2019 - Membership Survey & Consulting Firm of the year
- 2020 - Membership Survey Firm of the year
- 2021 - Membership Survey & Master Planning Firm of the year
- 2022 - Membership Survey & Strategic Planning Firm of the year
- 2023 - Membership Survey & Strategic Planning Firm of the year