Employee Satisfaction Surveys – An Essential Tool for Clubs of the Future
“You can design, create and build the most wonderful places in the world, but it takes people to make the dreams a reality.”
– Walt Disney
Industry legends knew their businesses depended upon happy and empowered employees to be successful. Asking your employees if they are happy and empowered is the first step in building your club’s success.
Are the following statements true at your club?
- Finding and hiring frontline staff is a constant struggle
- Good employees are nowhere to be found
- Very few new hires have relevant experience
- Our frontline staff is very transient
- Our employees are not as engaged as they should be
- Our staff seems self-absorbed: It appears they do not really care about the club
If any of the above statements are true, then understanding WHY is the first step in turning them around.
“Take care of your employees and they will take care of your customers.”
– J. Willard Marriott
McMahon Group feels there is a great opportunity for club boards and management to learn what their employees really think and feel about their club as a place to work and thrive. By asking employees the right questions, THEIR answers will draw a roadmap that will lead to:
- Hiring the right fit for the right role and job
- Employees understanding club’s values and culture
- Higher employee morale, commitment and satisfaction
- Better understanding of club goals, enhancing productivity
- Better internal teamwork and communication
- Improved employee focus on member services, sales, quality and efficiencies
- Ensuring employees can grow and prosper through professional development
- Enhanced overall member experience
- Club is an “Employer of Choice” in the community
- Lower employee turnover
- Increased member recruitment and retention
Clubs can’t get their member experiences right until they get their employees’ experiences right!
“Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to.”
– Richard Branson
McMahon Group will provide your club with an Employee Satisfaction Survey, the results of the survey and an Executive Summary. We are also available to work with your club’s management team to interpret the data to create a Human Resource Strategic Plan. This plan will articulate your club’s human resource mission, vision and goals. It will also identify action plans focused on growing your club’s human capital, focused on enhancing your members’ experiences. For more information or to schedule an Employee Satisfaction Survey at your club, call us at 314.744.5040.
About Richard Lareau
Director of Member Experience
Richard has worked in the private club industry since 1992. His more than 24 years of experience in club management as a food and beverage specialist has enabled him to develop well-trained professional teams that deliver friendly service and consistently efficient, high-quality cuisine resulting in increased member participation, higher revenues and bottom-line contributions to the overhead of the club. He is a manager’s friend and assistant in delivering a club’s dining promise.
Richard is a Certified Club Manager (CCM) and Certified Chief Executive (CCE). He is winner of the 2009 Mel Rex Award from the Excellence in Club Management® Awards; and, was awarded Club Manager of the Year by the Texas Lone Star Chapter in 2013 for his achievements and contributions to the private club industry. Richard is an active member of Les Amis des Escoffier, Chaine des Rotisserie and The International Wine Society.